Have you seen this cartoon?
When everyone is given the same task with the same resources and support, this is equality … not equity.
To achieve equity in education, we must recognize the experiences and background of every student and use this information to build their educational experience.
- Affirmations of cultures, communities, and student identities
- Social emotional learning
- Relationships with students and families
- Project-based learning
- Opportunities for student-led civic engagement and leadership
- Resources developed by racially, culturally, and linguistically diverse perspectives
- Instructional strategies that adapt to the individual needs of students
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion training for educators
It is important to provide learning spaces where students feel safe and valued. Making connections is key to building emotional resilience and trust. Building relationships with families strengthens learning and promotes equity. That student-family-teacher connection is critical for success and results in positive learning outcomes.
KneoWorld’s methods include the instructional decisions, approaches, procedures, and routines that educators use to make learning meaningful. Our choices promote culturally responsive teaching and learning by creating and evaluating the curriculum through the lens of:
- The learning environment
- Its demand for high expectations and rigor
- Inclusivity and integration of culturally responsive learning best practices
- The curriculum’s ongoing professional learning opportunities and support
The Bigger Picture
KneoWorld’s mission is to work with educators and families to promote equitable learning opportunities to help all students succeed. At KneoWorld, we believe all children bring rich and diverse experiences that make their educational journey unique. Providing students with expert teachers and rich learning environments support their individual journeys toward a successful global future.
- Participation in true-to-life situations.
- Critical thinking.
- Creativity and imaginative learning.
- Promotion of empathy for others and care for the environment.
- Educational inclusion.
“The materials should also invite you to rethink your social and world context, raise awareness with others and planet earth.” Marta Mena