KneoWorld utilizes the Gradual Release of Responsibility (GRR) Framework for tailored instruction, following Fisher and Frey’s 2008 model.
Our Learning Philosophy
KneoWorld is dedicated to collaborating with educators and families to foster equitable learning environments, ensuring every student has the opportunity to thrive. We recognize the distinct and valuable experiences each child brings to their educational path. By pairing students with expert educators and immersing them in dynamic learning settings, we empower their individual growth, preparing them for a prosperous future in an interconnected world.
Goal – Our objective is to reshape education by harmoniously blending advanced technology with experiential learning, sparking students’ critical thinking and imaginative capabilities. KneoWorld’s meticulously designed curriculum spans a comprehensive range of units across all grade levels and subject areas, adhering strictly to educational standards. This approach ensures a cohesive and impactful educational experience, setting the stage for active, engaging, and deeply effective learning.
Methods – KneoWorld’s methods include the instructional decisions, approaches, procedures, and routines that educators use to make learning meaningful. Our choices promote culturally responsive teaching and learning by creating and evaluating the curriculum through the lens of:
- A learning environment for students and teachers that facilitates independent thinking and collaboration
- A demand for high expectations and rigor
- Inclusivity and integration of culturally responsive instructional practices
- The curriculum’s ongoing professional learning opportunities and support.
Materials – At KneoWorld, we carefully craft and select our materials. Our selection process is based on research-based best practices and our materials intentionally reflect:
- Affirmations of cultures, communities, and student identities
- Social-emotional learning
- Relationships with students and families
- Project-based learning
- Opportunities for student-led civic engagement and leadership
- Resources developed from racially, culturally, and linguistically diverse perspectives
- Instructional strategies that adapt to the individual needs of students
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion practices for educators.
Assessment – KneoWorld believes assessment within a curriculum should be an ongoing process of gathering information about a student’s learning. Students should have the opportunity to use different ways to show what they know and can do with their knowledge and skills. Educators can then use this information to make instructional decisions (the teaching approaches, materials, and supports) based on their students’ learning needs. As a result, our curriculum provides multiple approaches to assessment to support the teaching and learning cycle:
- Student and teacher prompts to check for understanding to encourage discourse
- Online task-based games (with individual student reports)
- Reflection activities designed to promote metacognitive reflection
- Printable workbooks
- Collaborative, hands-on activities.
How does KneoWorld define literacy?
KneoWorld’s program offers a personalized pathway for students to develop key competencies critical to literacy:
- Phonemic Awareness
How does KneoWorld define Numeracy (Mathematical Literacy)?
Students follow an individual pathway to develop key competencies critical to numeracy:
- Number Sense
- Patterns and Algebra
- Measurement and Shape
- Data Analysis